shortly after my last post, both kids got sick. again. they had just had tummy bugs and then-bam-a week later, they had it again. then Avery had a fever and I could just tell her ears hurt. I touched her ear and she jumped about 40 feet. So the next day both kids went to the doctor. separate doctors. Avery is on her own insurance plan due to her disability which is great-but makes it hard for going to the doctor when both kids need to go. I took Nolan in the morning and because I HAD to go into work, Red graciously took Avery to see hers-with Nolan in tow. what a champ. it was funny when I got home from work that day, he was chopping apples in the kitchen-it was such a role reversal and it was really cool. It was extremely tricky trying to get coverage for the kids who both missed an entire week of school, but it worked out.
So, both kids had ear infections. Nolan in one ear, Avery in both. I was happy that it was something that was treatable with antibiotics and also happy that it was the first time for both kids having ear infections!
Before and in between all the sickness we:
- Hadd dinner with some old friends on a Wednesday and new friends on Thursday.
- Went to go to a fun engagement party for some good friends with good friends-it was fun to get dressed up and just relax.
- I went to go to a baby shower-which morphed into drinks and then dinner and then bowling. so much fun.
- I went on a walk with a new friend.
- I got a manicure/pedicure. And my hair cut and colored.
- Went to a fun dinner party with old friends and new friends.
- Met up with a great friend for dinner and did a little shopping which got me featured on her blog here (toot toot).
- worked out a lot and worked as much as I possibly could.
Today something cool happened. I took both kids to the dentist and unfortunately screwed up with Avery's insurance and she couldnt be seen. But, Nolan went back as planned and did so great. He went with the hygienist alone and did everything she said. The dentist came and took a look and he was totally chill. No cavities! Then it was time for him to get his prize. He disappeared behind a wall and came back towards me-the hygienist is saying "just one prize buddy", because he had two balls, one in each hand. He walked straight toward Avery and said "I got one for you, sissy".