Everyday I find myself saying "I have got to write that down" when Nolan does or says something so cute that can't possibly come from a 2 year old. So I thought I would put some stuff here-that way it isnt scribbled in a notebook somewhere that will be all wrinkled and yellow when I feel the urge to look back on it. Speaking of that, is this blog here FOREVER? Do I need to back it up or something?
Anyway. So some cute and funny things that come to mind are:
1. the way he pronounces Christmas: Chruffmuff. Its so cute, especially when we saw any chruffmuff lights, or chruffmuff presents.
2. Anytime we say "thanks buddy" he now says "sure. no problem"
3. he calls fruit snacks "SACKS" which sounds more like SEX especially when we are in the grocery store and he is yelling at the top of his lungs "I WANT SEX MOMMY!" thats my kid.
4. he is now taking Avery by the hand and taking her places saying "come ON sissy!"
5. he navigates an iphone like an adult. finds the photos, then find videos and presses play.
6. when he counts "1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 6, 7, 8, 7, 8, 9, 7!" or a variation of that.
7. upon hearing that song G6 that is on the radio every 4 and a half minutes, he says "I like cheese sticks too!"
8. how he went from 2 word sentences to saying things like "why you knocking the vacuum over mommy?" (there was plastic stuck in the thingamajig that goes around and i had to get it out)
9. his version of Baa Baa Black Sheep goes something like this: baa baa black sheep have you arrywool. yes sir yes sir three bags FOUR.
10. Nolan what color is this? ORANGE! everything is orange first.
11. he is obsessed with gardeners/landscapers. Last week, I swear he watched them through the window for 40 straight minutes. He asks about them everyday and when we pass the lawn mower shop by our house, he exclaims: "saw lawn blowers!" he asked Santa for a leaf blower and lawn mower for chruffmuff. he got both-plus a chainsaw, and a weed whacker! We got it from constructive playthings and we love it! You can see it here.
there is more of course but I cant think of it all right now. Ill add stuff later. But I am so in awe of all he can do and how it comes so naturally. He climbs and colors and pretends and names objects I am not quite sure how he knows. Like skateboards. its pretty cool.
He is also a total 2 year old monster... but when he is being good-its great.