- Gramma, for taking the kids for us whenever we need her to and affording us the opportunities to do what we need to do without a single worry. It is pretty special and we are so thankful.
- Alexis, our fantastic babysitter who gives Gramma a break on these long weekends and helps us out whenever we call.
- Good friends, namely Pete and Val, for basically making this weekend happen easily and inexpensively. There aren't words to convey how thankful we are for that. You truly went above and beyond the call of duty.
- IRSF, for being awesome. I have now personally met almost half of the staff there and I am pretty sure there couldn't be any better people for the job. And after hearing Kathryn Kissam and Steve Bajardi speak, I KNOW we are in great hands.
- Every single doctor, researcher, student, nurse, and therapist who are dedicated to figuring out the end of Rett syndrome and for helping make it better until that day comes.
- Every single Rett parent, for being strong and blazing this trail we walk on-making it a bit easier for those of us new to the game. We honestly couldn't do it without you.
- And finally, thank you Avery-for making it possible for us to be thankful for so much. While it is so hard for us to watch you struggle, you have brought such a light into our lives!
Monday, May 31, 2010
Before I start in on the nitty gritty of our weekend at the Rett conference I need to make sure we give thanks where thanks are due. Red and I are extremely thankful for the following: